Friday, December 16, 2005

Blue Like Jazz

"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve... Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way... I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened." - Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

On a lighter note than my last post and comment, which I wrote in a very depressed frame of mind, I have been told I must read this book! A friend in my cell brought up how brilliant she thought it was tonight. When I mentioned that I heard it was a bit controversial I got rounded on! 'Is it because it is not Republican?' 'Is it because it is honest, and Christian books are not allowed to be honest?' Taken aback I pleaded that I had not even read it, just heard of it, and would proceed to read it straight away before making further comment!

It's in my Amazon shopping basket already.


For some views of those who have actually read it try Mark Traphagan or Maurice McCracken (and his commenters).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home