Tuesday, June 14, 2005

lazy blogging

I swore I would never do it. But here are some quiz results on who I am. I just thought they were quite interesting. Particularly the quizes belief that Luther and Augustine were less like me than Schleiermacher and Tillich. I do think I of myself as an heir of Calvin though, and Barth and Anselm (or their followers) have been influential to my apologetic, and Anselm to my doctrine of the atonement.

You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.

Karl Barth

80%

Anselm

80%

John Calvin

80%

Jürgen Moltmann

73%

Jonathan Edwards

73%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

60%

Paul Tillich

60%

Charles Finney

53%

Martin Luther

40%

Augustine

33%
Which theologian are you? created with QuizFarm.com

I think the results are largely because of my answer to a final question which asked me which of the following was the most important:

  • All Christian theology must begin with the revelation of Christ; or
  • God's sovereignty is supremely important in theological discussion.

I opted for the later after much hard thinking (taking 'God's sovereignty' in its broad sense).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home