Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Two things I am enjoying at the moment

  1. Mark Horne's sermon on the Christian's armour (Eph 6). Amazing exposition focusing on how Paul is calling on us to put on God's own armour (see Isaiah 59:17) and carry out God's purpose of bringing salvation by so doing. It's a absolute must listen!
  2. I am also reading some Lesslie Newbigin again, this time The Gospel in a Pluralist Society. Although I haven't finished it yet, I am already ready to say that it is the best book I have read this year. (Not the most personally important, as I have already absorbed much have what he has to say, but the one I would most happily recommend as worth every minute for everyone who reads it.) It is so in touch with what is going on in society, despite writen by an eighty-year-old 15 years back, and so rightly shows how Christian's should interact with it. It's not too academic but it is deep, and faithful. I have wanted to post quotes from almost every other page, but have resisted because if I post one I will have to post the rest.
Newbigin book cover

2 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Blogger Mark said...

You are the first person to say anything about my audio sermons! Ever.

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Dave K said...

That's a shame.

They are difficult to find though.

Blogging can be wierd sometimes, you never know who's listening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home